Since the Google Farmers Update, also referred to as the Panda Update (named following the programmer/engineer who created it) that begun to be effective in late February 2011, many site owners and SEO marketing firms have paused to analyze and revise their SEO strategies. It has recognized that high quality, original content is the true secret to successful organic SEO rankings. Both Google and Yahoo continue to recommend this since the ultimate way to remain visible on his or her systems.
Yet even as programming was rewritten to stick to stronger guidelines, many SEO marketing companies continued to get familiar with content and linking strategies that have been questionable so that you can attain high rankings quickly, under competitive keyphrases. Robots are getting to be ‘smarter’ at recognizing these kinds of tricks – and penalizing websites that utilize most of these methods.
Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, among others produce an essential and free service to users of the World Wide Web. These engines like google are created to quickly sift through mountains of internet sites and point the consumer for the information requested. When a person types a keyword or phrase into any search engine, she or he expects creation subsequent pages of the search to resolve the query with websites that closely match the inquiry. If a internet search engine fails to do that – why do you use it in any respect,
Google is among the most regularly employed search results by far, capturing approximately 80% of most online traffic for queries. Yahoo is second, providing almost 15% of search results queries. Google can afford to employ the most effective programmers. These professionals are continually identifying internet search engine marketing tricks. Their job would be to write code that could quickly identify websites where tricks are applied and downgrade them on Google internet search engine rankings, as opposed to rewarding them with page 1 positions.
As the World Wide Web has grown and expanded, so gets the profession of search engine marketing. Training programs inside the SEO field are nevertheless inside nascent stages of development. Most accredited universities and colleges do not provide certification or lessons in SEO, Internet Marketing, or Search Engine Marketing. As a result, this profession has obtained a dubious reputation. Many SEO marketing firms must hire employees that have demonstrated their skills to advertise websites, but have zero solid certification to back this up.
Despite this lack in educational options, there are still many highly ethical SEO marketing specialists. Unfortunately, the non-technical consumer has limited means and knowledge to recognize them for certain. I will review some rudimentary ‘white hat’ SEO practices which can be most beneficial to advertise websites post “Panda Update.” Applying these techniques to web marketing is more critical of computer ever was – in light in the recent update.
Google’s Search Engine Quality Content Guidelines
– Do not use hidden text or links on the internet page. This practice is termed cloaking. The visitor sees different things than search engines like yahoo do – and Google and Yahoo can now identify these pages and downgrade their rank. Integrate inbound and outbound links into website content that naturally belongs. Links should help the consumer navigate your website and also the World Wide Web and expand upon information given.
– Keyword stuffing web pages or websites with irrelevant keywords to enhance ranking isn’t permitted by Google. Google search engines allow up to 4% keyword density with a page. More than 4% could be considered excessive keywords. Google bots no longer read meta tags (though Yahoo as well as other search engines like google do). Title and description tags will be the focus now. Make sure the title and description tags closely match the information from the website. If there is no relevant content around the page – create some!
– Make sure that web pages are written with quality, original content. If the website owner really wants to republish materials authored by other authors – always credit the first author and, when possible — link towards the source. Good writing is definitely republished and syndicated. But web owners and internet search engine marketing firms have to limit the quantity of duplicate content on a website for max results on google search ranking.
– Do not link your website to web spammers or ‘bad neighborhoods’ around the Web. ‘Bad neighborhoods’ are easy to identify because they’re packed with links and images but provide hardly any, if any, original content.
– Do not populate a website with nothing but links (with out content). Google, Yahoo, or any other engines like google might identify these pages as being a ‘link farm’ and downgrade it.
SEO companies and web owners which flourish in optimizing their websites correctly and who want to provide clients with legitimate ranking strategies will not take shortcuts. They will realize the need for using keywords location they are necessary and either optimize content that is certainly already written, or provide original content for a website with keywords embedded.
Nowadays, company and organizational websites that attain high ranking on engines like google will likely be engaged in true, white hat linking strategies such as social networking bookmarking, article and press release syndication, and building links to related websites.
If these white hat techniques are available by an SEO company, the consumer may be certain they’re legitimate.